Chicken Sorrento Salad
- 2 – Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Chile Rub – (ancho chile powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, sugar and salt) as needed
- 1 lb. – Fresh spring salad mix
- ½ cup – Diced tomatoes
- 2 – Large tomatoes, cut into thick slices
- 1 – Large fresh mozzarella ball – Sliced 1/4” thick
- 4 oz. – Balsamic vinaigrette – We make our fresh in house but you can use your favorite version
- Ancho Chile Balsamic reduction – ½ cup balsamic vinegar, 1 Tbsp. ancho chili. Bring to a boil in a small sauce pan, turn down heat and cook until liquid is reduced by half.
Pre heat grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Generously rub each chicken breast with the chile rub, place on grill and cook for 5-6 per side or until juices run clear. Set aside. Place the balsamic dressing into a large mixing bowl, add the spring mix, diced tomatoes and mix well. Place the lettuce mixture on two large chilled salad plates. Slice the grilled chicken and place on top of the salad greens, add the tomato wedges and mozzarella slices and drizzle with the ancho balsamic reduction. Serve with a chilled salad fork and enjoy!